Pressure Sounds presents Tuff Cuts - DJ Kentaro's Crucial Mix
Various - Pressure Sounds presents Tuff Cuts - DJ Kentaro's Crucial Mix
(CD) Pressure Sounds PSCD0060, 2008-08-08
01. Diverse Doctrine Version - The Village Bunch
02. Doctrine Dub - The Village Bunch
03. Hello Love Brother - Prince Far & The Arabs
04. Big Fight Dub - Prince Far & The Arabs
05. Shake The Nation - Prince Far I & The Arabs
06. Kunta Kinte - The Revolutionaries (Only available as a 7inch 45 mix)
07. Beware Version - The Revolutionaries
08. Song My Mother Used To Sing - Dennis Brown
09. Jerusalem - Devon Irons
10. Freedom - Earl 16
11. Roots Kunta Kinte - Joe Gibbs & The Professionals
12. Mozabites - Prince Far I & The Arabs
13. The Encounter - Prince Far I & The Arabs
14. Swell Headed Version - The Revolutionaries
15. False Rumour Version - King Tubby
16. Jah Creation Version - The Revolutionaries
17. Shaka The Great - The Overnight Players
18. Road Runner - The Sounds Unlimited
19. Journey to Freedom - Karl Masters & Joe Higgs
20. A Message - Prince Far I & The Arabs
21. Future Dub - The Upsetter
22. Internal Dub - Prince Far I & The Arabs
23. Out of the Abyss - Prince Far I & The Arabs
24. Low Gravity - Prince Far I & The Arabs
25. Disco Jack Version - Jackie Mittoo
26. Jah Will Provide - Hugh Mundel
27. I'm A Freeman - Freddie McKay
Press Release :
Born and raised in Japan Kentaro is hugely popular there but also travels all around the world playing to audiences in Europe and the USA. He nearly actually became a reggae sound system selector before starting to move more towards hip hop and dance music.
When we asked him if he would be interested in doing this project he was immediately positive and enthusiastic. It’s a unique album with a strong leaning towards the more ‘dub’ and instrumental side in the track selection. We felt that would be a lot tougher for Kentaro to mix. We think he has done an exceptional job and are really pleased with the results.
The album will only be available on CD and is only available from select outlets around the world outside of Japan. It is available as an import and as such comes with a Japanese insert.
It’s the first time we have taken on such a project and hopefully it will bring a different perspective to some classic reggae tracks.
We hope you enjoy the album.