Mr. Chop – Sounds From The Cave EP
Mr. Chop – Sounds From The Cave EP
(12") Jazz&Milk Recordings Jm-006, 2008-06-07
A1 The Caveman
A3 Trip Through The Water Door
B2 Monolith Voodoo Vibes
B3 The Red Baron
B4 Conduit Closing
Note : distributed by Our Distribution (UK)
Biography Mr Chop :
With previous releases on jazzman's stark reality label and ape records, Mr. Chop's upcoming projects include collaborations with stones throw/now again the heliocentrics and other works with the heliocentrics producer mike burnham. Inspired by classic recordings and genres as far wide as funk, electronica, hip hop, library, soundtrack, psych, jazz, krautrock and music concrete, mr.Chop records his music live with a collective of musicians out of the his vintage analogue home ape studios. Ape has been the home to some great artists over the years including the coral (sony) and cherryghost(emi).
More recently mr.Chop has been involved in remixes and production for the dead 60's (sony/deltasonic records) and has just finished work on a soundtrack for stag films.
Sounds From The Cave EP Press Release :
Step into the world of mr.Chop and you will find a fantastic planet full of eclectic sounds. Taking his influence from 60's electronica, music concrete funk, psych, library, soundtracks ,krautrock only start to scratch the surface. Hard to define musically but easy to dig all the same. All made with live instruments in mr. Chops secret lab…
Enter the cave and you will find 'the caveman' along with some heavy dirty drums, a pack of hungry pierre henry ravaged analogue synths, scary delayed horns, wah-wah mellotrons and big phased out mega breakdowns. Bring on 'snob' a trip into a psychedelic bullett induced indian mantra and rock out with a johnny harris flute explosion while you are there. Sit down for a minute and catch your breath with 'a trip through the water door'. A short skit featuring the mighty mike burnam from the heliocentrics. "Brainticket" a heavy psych wah-wah freakout with fuzzed out guitars, nutty tape loops , sprinkles of heavy bass and some old pots and pans for percussion.
Fill up your tank with 'fuel'. Super silver apples style freakout. Big synths and heavy live techno/latin drums with a few surprises later on. 'Monolith voodoo vibes' featuring malcolm catto from the heliocentrics on drums. A monster! Big drums, big bass, big horns, big moog. Big nasty chopness. 'The red baron' again featuring malcolm catto on drums for this dark soundtrack number, mellotron strings plus moog equals sinister flute action. 'Conduit closing' short skit outro, with synths and delays to bring the record to a close.
Mr. Chop Discography :
- Mr Chop - Switched On (Now-Again/Five Day Weekend) 2011
- Mr. Chop - Vitamin C (9" Five Day Weekeend) 2011
- Cherry Ghost - We Sleep On Stones (Mr Chop Instrumental Remix) (12" Heavenly) 2010
- Mr. Chop - Silver Frequencies (CD, Now-Again/Five Day Weekend) 2009
- Mr Chop & C.L. Smooth - Straighten It Out (7", Five Day Weekeend) 2010
- Mr Chop & C.L. Smooth - T.R.O.Y. The Resurrection (7", Five Day Weekeend) 2010
- Mr. Chop - For Pete's Sake (CD, Now-Again/Five Day Weekend) 2009
- Mr. Chop & Friends - Ultimate Breaks & Beats - Instrumentals Vol.2 (CD/2LP, Traffic) 2009
- Doom - Born Like This (Lex Records) 2009
- Mr. Chop - Lightworlds (12", Stones Throw) 2008
- Mr. Chop - Sound From The Cave EP (12", Jazz&Milk) 2008
- The Dead 60's - Receiver Satellite / Remote Dub (production & mix by Mr. Chop, b-sides to 'Stand Up' single, Deltasonic) 2007
- Mr. Chop - Electric Vibes / Breakdown (7", Jazzman) 2002
- Mr. Chop - The Incredible Popcorn Experiment / Contamination (7", Jazzman) 2000
- Mr. Chop - Cowboy Massacre / Wasp In A Jar (12", A.P.E.) 2000
- Precinct 47 - Evidence (Library Style Remix by Mr Chop) (12", A.P.E.) 1999