Chef Movie Sountrack (CD/Digital, Milan Records, 2014)
Various - Chef - A Jon favreau Film
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
(CD/LP/Digital) Milan Records, 2014-05-06
01. Pete Rodriguez - I Like It Like That
02. Courtney John - Lucky Man
03. Grant Phabao, The Lone Ranger and Carlton Livingston - A Message To You Rudy
04. Liquid Liquid - Cavern
05. El Michels Affair - C.R.E.A.M.
06. The Martinis - Hung Over
07. Roberto Roena - Que Se Sepa
08. Louie Ramirez - Ali Baba
09. Gente de Zona - Homenaje Al Beny (Castellano Que Bueno Baila Usted)
10. Quantic & Nickodemus feat. Tempo & The Candela Allstars - Mi Swing Es Tropical
11. Rebirth Brass Band - Bustin’ Loose
12. The Hot 8 Brass Band - Sexual Healing
13. Gary Clark Jr. - When My Train Pulls In (Live in Austin)
14. Ronnie Hudson And The Street People - West Coast Poplock
15. Perico Hernandez - Oye Como Va (Live at el Jefe)
16. Perico Hernandez - La Quimbumbia (Live at el Jefe)
17. Lyle Workman - One Second Every Day
Buy the soundtrack on iTunes or amazon
Chef The Film : allocine | facebook | imdb | twitter | wikipedia | youtube
Milan Records : milanrecords.com
Press Release :
Jon Favreau is back in the writer/ actor /director chair with Chef, his latest concoction. It is a return to his indie roots peppered with appearances from Robert Downey Jr., Dustin Hoffman, Scarlett Johansson and the irresistible Sofia Vergara.
After being fired from his restaurant, Chef Carl Casper (Favreau) cooks up a food truck business in hopes of reestablishing his artistic promise and family. He hits the road with his sous-chef (John Leguizamo) and his 11-year-old son (Emjay Anthony), making beautifully-filmed stops in foodie meccas Miami, New Orleans, Austin and Los Angeles.
The soundtrack album, featuring a song selection by KCRW’s own Mathieu Schreyer, perfectly mirrors the road trip. For each town, a sample of food and music: salsa-infused Miami to the sounds of Pete Rodriguez and the reggae beats of Grant Phabao, The Lone Ranger and Carlton Livingston, the unmistakable brass band groove in New Orleans with the Rebirth Brass Band and the Hot 8 Brass Band, the gritty guitar sounds from Austin courtesy of Gary Clark Jr. and, in Los Angeles, a West Coast classic hip-hop tune by Ronnie Hudson & The Street People.
The physical CD is available as a high-quality digipak album with cover art designed by Robert Downey Jr. It also includes liner notes by the director and original recipes from Chef Roy Choi of Kogi Food Truck fame. The album is also available as a digital download incl. booklet on May 6, 2014. A 180-gram vinyl will be released later this year.
Open Road is bringing the film to theaters on May 9, 2014.
"The eclectic mix of musical selections chosen by music supervisor Mathieu Schreyer could encourage many ticket-buyers to rush home and download the entire soundtrack." - Variety
"A soundtrack full of Latin beats and New Orleans grooves." - THR
"A movie with a heart the size of Texas" - Hitflixv "Simply put, “Chef” is a pleasure." - Collider